Monday, November 5, 2012

Brain dump - or Metadata from the Treadmill.

It's a cold and rainy morning in St. Louis County, Missouri.  Jack wanted to walk outside as always, and I wouldn't have minded doing that because I do enjoy it.  But Mommy doesn't do well on slick leaves or other wet surfaces.  She is not old but she's not young either.

Jack will have to wait.  Mommy must use the treadmill.  How far?  Around Lake Verona.  1.3 miles.

How did I get this radio to play National Public Radio at 90.7 FM W--- can't remember.  Not important.

Wrong buttons hit.  Power is now on, clock is flashing.  Screw the clock.  I don't have time for this crap.  Many buttons hit, finally open/close CD deck.  No more flashing clock.

Source. Ah, there's talk radio.  Start treadmill, insert ear buds.  Man, it's chilly in this basement.  Hope Stu is OK next door in his new office where I hear TV and hammering.

Are they talking about Gaugin or the other painter?  My mind is wandering and I will not try to remember this too hard.  The blog may be permanent, but it's not important.

Better than Facebook, though, if I really want to be a writer.

Don't be too hard on yourself about the spelling and puncture-ation.  Keep it organic.

We now go to a break - OK, where's that preset button on this remote?  A-ha.

Oh, no.  I did NOT hit auto-program at some point on this radio.  Not in a BASEMENT in a major metropolitan area.  Static, static, static.  Sigh.  Gotta learn how to use this thing.

There's music I can walk to.  Just dance.  Duh, duh, duh-duh, just dance.

We've raised ya-dee-blah dollars for victims of Hurricane Sandy - I "should" care about this, so pay attention.  And here's how YOU can help.  Well, maybe I can't, but, Dear Lord, please help the victims of Hurricane Sandy to get what they need and survive, physically and emotionally.

OK.  Change the station again.  Where's that Brew?

I'm going off the rails on the Crazy Train.  Yeah, I sure am.  Stu says not to call myself "crazy".

Sharon Osbourne did WHAT?  Like Kelly Bundy... er, Christina Applegate... yeah, great article on her in MORE magazine.  Apparently she WAS diagnosed first, poor thing.  Sharon wants to be around for her great grandchildren-- wait, what?  Does she even have grandchildren yet?

How old is Sharon... as old as me or older?  Probably older.  Don't go there, don't do the age thing.  I'm 45.  I'm 53, I'm gonna be - STOP DOING MATH ALREADY.  November of 19- blah blah.  That's all you need to know to be totally truthful. 

Remember in the interview you simply say if asked "I have twenty more years to work".  TRUE STATEMENT.

Wow, I'm getting winded.  Where am I now?  I think I'm coming up the big hill on Circle Street with the lake on the right.  That makes sense.  Yay.

Love this old Mott the Hoople song, it's me.  Once bitten, twice shy, babe.  Yeah, that's it.  My big mental brick wall.  Sorry, we're closed.  LOL.

They did not just say "The Brew" in the lyrics??? Clever marketing for this station.

They did NOT just say she has a Kindle in the lyrics?  What is this, a remake?  Oh yeah, they call it a "cover".  Well, cover THIS.  At least it isn't auto-tuned.  UGH.

Change the station.  OK, I love this but I can't walk to it.  Well, smart-ass, maybe that means you aren't supposed to be walking that fast.  It's organic.

Am I an IT Professional - Oh, crap, how I hate those damned abbreviations.  I don't really think I am IT in all caps.  Maybe that's part of the problem.

Am I an Information Technology Professional?  Am I a writer?  Am I a singer or musician?

The answer is Yes.

Is someone trying to sell me something here?  Are they trying to control me?  Do they want me to give money to hurricane victims?  Are they trying to force me into voting their way or buying their product?

I do need a real job, don't I.  Yes.

The answer is Money.

OK, enough time wasted.  I have reached destination 310 E. Main Street with all the yard work needing done.  Or, my current house with all the raking needing done.  Maybe Stu will do it like he did before.  

It's a virtual walk anyway.  1.3 miles is enough.  Time to stop.

1 comment: