Saturday, March 23, 2013

How Stupid Am I, Really?

I just received an all time classic of what I call Life's Humility Lessons.

I spent nearly an hour finishing Chapter 13 of my book, which was entitled "Another Way Not To Get A Job."  It told the tale of my posting an ad on Craigslist in the summer of '09 offering my newly available .NET programming skills for free in hopes of finding a job, and the scariest job interview of my entire life and why I didn't accept their offer.

I then spent another hour or so writing Chapter 14, entitled "Cookies:  Baking As Career Inspiration" which is finally setting the stage for the Cassell Family Misadventures in Central Florida to begin.  Yes, that would be the eventual point of this book, right?

I was very happy to save Chapter 14.... until I realized I didn't do a new Save As after finishing Chapter 13.

So I now have no more Chapter 13, a finished Chapter 14, and a big hole in my book.

Color me Total Idiot.  I have absolutely no one to blame but myself for this latest misadventure, AS USUAL.

Yes, Lord, I am humbled.  The rest of you may go ahead and laugh hysterically.  I deserve it.  Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment